Here's how we're organised since the Science Party amalgamated with other parties to form Fusion.
Fusion: Science, Pirate, Secular, Climate Emergency
- Is an incorporated association under Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Is a registered federal political party
- Maintains at least 1,500 members who are Australian voters
- Deals with the Australian Electoral Commission
Under Fusion are its 'branches', which are the founding parties, including the Science Party Australia.
Fusion's branches have rights and responsibilities according to Fusion's constitution.
Science Party Australia
- Is a 'branch' of Fusion and has associated functions (e.g. endorsing candidates for elections)
- Is an incorporated association under NSW Fair Trading
- Does not deal with any electoral commission
Under Science Party Australia is the Science Party NSW.
Science Party NSW
- Is a separate incorporated association under NSW Fair Trading
- Maintains at least 100 members who are NSW voters, in order to stay registered for NSW local council elections
- Deals with the NSW Electoral Commission
The Science Party is staffed entirely by volunteers. We don't take money from corporations, only from people like you. If you want to help us bring truth and honesty back into politics please consider a tax deductible donation today.
Share this page