Fundraising Officer - NSW
Read about this role below or download the information as a PDF (70 KB).
About the Science Party
The Science Party is an Australian political party and not for profit organisation. We believe that our quality of life is improved primarily through technological developments, sourced through a scientific approach to knowledge in the context of democracy and peace. The Science Party believes in a positive future for all people. A future where people are healthier, wealthier, longer lived and more free.
The Science Party is a federally registered political party but is now looking to also secure state-level registration in NSW. To do this we will need to expand our fundraising efforts outside our membership base.
About the role
The NSW Fundraising Officer will lead fundraising efforts in the NSW branch of the Science Party.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for the NSW branch of the Science Party
- Help the NSW branch of the Science Party raise funds to cover the costs of registration, administration, and promotion
- Create a sustainable funding stream that meets branch expenses
- Identify, establish and nurture relationships between the nsw science party and potential significant donors
- Design and implement fundraising campaigns targeting mass audiences
- Work closely with the communications manager and attend branch meetings to ensure fundraising activities and outcomes are aligned with branch activities
The right candidate will have a strong interest in fundraising and marketing, ideally with relevant experience and/or qualifications. They will be excellent communicators, both written and face to face. They will also be well organised and able to work unsupervised for much of the time. Basic computer skills will be necessary.
Science Party is run by a team of motivated volunteers who are committed to helping our cause. The role is a volunteer part-time position with flexible working hours and it would be preferable that the candidate is based in Sydney. They will be welcome to attend officer meetings and will have ongoing contact with the party executive for guidance and updates on their activities. Through the role, the candidate will gain useful experience in the not-for-profit and politics sector, have the freedom to use their initiative and creativity to lead and develop the fundraising program, and help get us closer to providing the people of NSW a political party they will feel good about getting behind.
More information about the Science Party NSW can be found at our website: nsw.scienceparty.org.au.
To apply for this role, please email your cover letter and resumé to [email protected].
Share this page