Read about this role below or download the information as a PDF file (70 KB).
About the Science Party
The Science Party is an Australian political party and not-for-profit organisation. We believe that our quality of life is improved primarily through technological developments, sourced through a scientific approach to knowledge in the context of democracy and peace. The Science Party believes in a positive future for all people. A future where people are healthier, wealthier, longer lived and more free.
The Science Party is a federally registered political party but is now looking to also secure state-level registration in NSW. To do this we will need to expand our fundraising efforts outside our membership base.
About the role
The NSW Volunteers Manager will help recruit and coordinate volunteers in the NSW branch of the Science Party. Their main roles will be to:
- Handle all incoming general enquiries from new volunteers via email or expressions of interest on the volunteer database
- Keep volunteer contact details and activity status updated on the volunteer database
- Administer volunteer enquiries received: welcome arrivals/follow up non-arrivals, induction (i.e. communication channels, document management systems, volunteer database)
- Assist with placing general volunteers in activities that meet their skills and experience
- Work closely with other office bearers to match outstanding tasks to general volunteers
- Attend branch meetings and/or provide regular updates
- Ideally, help convert members into active volunteers
The right candidate will be well organised and able to work unsupervised for much of the time. They do not need to have prior experience in a similar role. Basic computer skills will be necessary.
The expected time commitment is approximately 2 hours per week.
The position is an ongoing one, but we are happy to consider candidates who are able to fulfil the role for a limited period (e.g. 6 months).
The Science Party is run by a team of motivated volunteers who are committed to helping our cause. The role is a volunteer part-time position with flexible working hours. They will be welcome to attend officer meetings and will have ongoing contact with the party executive for guidance and updates on their activities.
Through the role, the candidate will gain useful experience in the not-for-profit and politics sector, have the freedom to use their initiative to lead and develop the volunteer team, and help get us closer to providing the people of NSW a political party they will feel good about getting behind.
More information about the Science Party can be found at our website: www.scienceparty.org.au.
To apply for this role, please email your expression of interest to [email protected].